Are your strawberries ready yet? If not a well known supermarket in the UK are selling them for £1 for 227g. The strawberries are also grown in the UK so you will be eating our wonderful produce and keeping our farmers and growers in business. I won’t name the supermarket but the first letter is A. The name is also very short, 4 letters to be exact!!!
Strawberry’s and chocolate are the food of love so why not mix both and create a lovely dip to dip the strawberry’s in?
100g bar of chocolate like Dairy Milk or other quality chocolate
500g home-grown strawberries
1 carton of double cream
1. Break the chocolate into smallish pieces.
2. Heat a pan of water on the cooker. As the water is heating up get a Pyrex or other ovenproof dish and place on top of the water.
3. Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into the ovenproof dish and allow to melt. As the chocolate is almost melted add the cream and gently stir the ingredients together.
4. Stir both ingredients together until creamy. Don’t let the mixture boil or go lumpy.
5. Remove from the cooker and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Don’t let the chocolate set!
6. Serve in a bowl with strawberry’s on the side to dip in.
Another way to use this recipe is if you have kids round and you want to give them something different. Or at the end of a dinner party strawberry’s and chocolate are a great way of finishing off the evening with friends. How about after a romantic meal for two? Now that would give you a few good points, need I say more chaps?!